Contango ORE, Inc.
3700 Buffalo Speedway, Ste 925
Houston, TX 77098
If you are a California resident please seethe contact options in “California Residents’ Rights of Access, DataPortability and Deletion” below.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
The types of personal information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us. Generally, information is provided voluntarily and you may visit our Site without providing information about yourself; however, registering for our events may require disclosure of certain personal information.
Information that we collect from you may include the following categories, but some of these categories or examples may not apply to you depending on your use of the Site:
- Identifiers (including name, real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- Personal information categories listed in the California CustomerRecords statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (including name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history);
- Internet or other similar network activity (information regarding a user’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement);
- Professional or employment-related information (current or past job history or performance evaluations);
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes).
We collect information through various categories of sources. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you register for one of our events, interact with customer service, contact us, respond to a survey, apply for employment, or sign up for e-mails or marketing information.
- From affiliated companies.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience and allows us to conduct our business. Specifically, we may use information collected about you to:
- Present the Site and its contents to you and allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Deliver newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Respond to inquiries and product and customer service requests.
- Fulfill your requests.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights that arise from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
- Other purposes, with your consent.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain your information for as long as needed to provide you products or services that you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may not remove your personal information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell your personal information to third parties; however, we do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. We may disclose your personal information to a third party fora business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity, subject to applicable laws.
Sale or Bankruptcy
If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party.
Aggregate and De-Identified Data
Disclosures of Personal Information for aBusiness Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Personal information (under California statute).
- Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers
- Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Site.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide tous, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Emails and Communications
We offer Site visitors a means to choose how we use the information provided. If you receive a marketing communication or promotion from us, you may opt-out of these communications at any time (i)by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the promotion (if sent bye- mail), or (ii) sending us an e-mail at the address noted in the ContactInformation section above. If you are a California resident, please see the contact options in “California Residents’ Rights of Access, Data Portability and Deletion” below.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you want to review or correct your personal information, you can send us an e-mail at the address noted in the ContactInformation section above.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHT OF ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY AND DELETION
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you(also called a data portability request).
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal.Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If you are a California resident to exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 713-877-1311
E-mailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with theCalifornia Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with are quest, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your personal information rights.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals andThird-Party Website Tracking under the California Online Protection Act(CalOPPA).
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). DoNot Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We do not engage in the collection of personal information over time across third-party websites, and we do not permit third parties to gather information passively on our website for behavioral advertising purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any), and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, we are permitted to provide a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing.
Since we do not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is not necessary for us to establish this procedure.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of their covered information, as those terms are defined in Nevada law, by submitting such request to our designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; however, please note that we do not sell your covered information as defined byNevada law.
WEBSITE LOCATION, TRANSFER AND PROCESSING
THE SITE IS OPERATED BY CONTANGO ORE, INC.IN THE STATES OF TEXAS AND ALASKA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PRIMARILY STORED IN THE UNITED STATES. BY PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW,YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE COLLECT, MAINTAIN, PROCESS AND TRANSFER SUCH INFORMATION IN AND TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES,PURSUANT TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OR SUCH OTHER JURISDICTIONS, WHICH MAY PROVIDE LESSER PRIVACY PROTECTIONS THAN EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA COUNTRIES,AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR INFORMATION MAY THUS BE SUBJECT TO U.S. FEDERAL AND TEXAS AND ALASKA STATE LAW AND OTHER FOREIGN LAWS AND ACCESSIBLE TO U.S. AND FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS,COURTS, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND REGULATORY AGENCIES. BECAUSE CONTANGO ORE, INC. IS LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, THESE DATA TRANSFERS TO THE UNITED STATES ARE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE
THE SITE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO YOUAS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS AND TO OPERATE OUR SITE.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact email@example.com.